Monday, March 26, 2012

ANONYMOUS FRIEND

Sorry that I am having to address this on my blog, but I have no other way of contacting you.  No, we were not able to complete our adoption, and no one is more upset about that than we are. Devastated doesn't even begin to cover it. I can guarantee you, any money donated to us was used for adoption fees/costs. Not ONE cent was used for any thing not adoption related. We paid $30,000 total for our adoption. I can tell you that approximately $27,000 of that came out of MY pocket. If you would kindly email me your address and name, I can get you a check out in today's mail to refund your donation. jackjujam at yahoo.com is my email address.

I will share something else that I intended to keep to myself. We donated a large amount of money to various foundations (such as International China Concern), several families that were in the process of adopting, as well as a couple of random people that needed help financially. We felt it was a way of "paying it forward" for the donations we received. We were not able to track down the handful of people that donated to us to refund their money. We thought the next best thing was to give it away to people in a similar situation, the orphan and the poor.

I will be looking forward to your email. If you could also tell me the amount of money you donated, that would be helpful. Like I said, I insist on refunding your money. Thank you so much for making bringing light to the way you feel. I hope it helps you feel better to have it off your chest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am an old reader of your blog. I thought you disabled anonymous comments so people could not bother you. (here I am anonymous too, I realize).Anyway, don't let people get to you.